Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sick kids, back to work, anniversary, bug project...life...total bliss

When Doug and I got married, we chose to do so during his children's spring break so they could be with us in Arizona. It didn't occur to us then what that would mean - that they would be with us every year until Jesus comes again...on our anniversary. :-)

Except this year. This year they are on a special trip with their mom's side of the family. So we had the perfect chance to be alone on our anniversary. Except that we've just adopted a child who can't be left with a babysitter yet...attachment and all that stuff.

So, Friday night all 5 of us celebrated our anniversary by making a big loud mess in a yummy little Italian restaurant in our tiny little town of Maricopa, Arizona. It was absolute heaven. :-) Delicious food and my family. (I hate that we didn't get a picture).

I still can hardly believe it's all true. That I get to live this life. I turn 40 on Tuesday and dare I say...I can't imagine being any happier.

While I write, Cooper is sound asleep (8 pm to 6:30 am like clockwork) and the girls are dressed up like princesses. Grace has every hair bow and barrette in our entire house ratted into her hair and mine, and Emily is putting all her care bears to bed in the living room. They played together in the backyard all evening and we ate dinner on the patio.

Of course, this after leaving the mall early as punishment for yelling, "Stop copying me, stupid! I hate you!" (both of them, of course because they were copying) and for screaming in Cooper's face just as he was about to fall asleep in the stroller.

Ah, bliss. Everyone has been sick off and on, Emily is back to school after a very loooong spring break and we got her bug project done JUST in the nick of time. My parents came for Easter (thank you again for all you did!) and thank goodness, the hermit crabs left by the Easter Bunny appear to still be alive. I've written thank-you notes for all the meals and baby gifts, planted strawberries, supervised 4 children (play date) making button flowers for said strawberries, and am back to work. Doug started his new job in Scottsdale, plans are being made for Dustin's graduation next month, the dog's antibiotics are almost done and we got our taxes in on Thursday.

The accountant said he'll have to file an extension because he can't get them done in the next 2 weeks. Oh, PLEASE. Give me a break.

But, I couldn't be happier. :-)



































































































(Rob and Debbie - thanks for the pj's. Did you know they glow in the dark?!

No comments: