Yesterday we were eating lunch at a Chinese restaurant and I started talking to the owner who is from southern China. She had one biological child then moved to the US and became a volunteer for the Child Crisis Nursery in Phoenix. She opened the restaurant as a business for her next 3 children and their families to run. I thought,
how great is this as she introduced me to her 3 Caucasian children (adopted from foster care) and I introduced her to my 3 Chinese children. Isn't that funny?
Here are a few pictures from July happenings around our place.

Happy 4th of July. It was so hot we didn't even watch fireworks. Isn't that awful!? Thanks for the shirts Popo and Papa.


Happy 4th Birthday Gracie! Her hair was kind of wild by the end of the night! :-)

The mad dash for the pinata stash!

Artists in Residence! Our new chalkboard/magnet wall!




What more can I say?
2 comments:
I love the story about the Chinese woman and her children!
The kiddos look great. What a beautiful family you have. :) Hopefully we can meet you in person one day.
Lastly, I hate to rub it in, but we were literally cold on 4th of July here in Illinois! We watched fireworks in sweatshirts and bundled up in blankets. Crazy, huh?
Take care,
Melanie Mannos
PaPa and PoPo think your artwork is absolutely stupendous! You are each very talented!
PaPa and PoPo love you very much!
Post a Comment