This is me trying to get my 40 year old body to kneel and bow carrying 26 lbs of baby. We visited a Buddhist temple today and we had our kids blessed by the monk. It went something like this:
Ring the gong; blah, blah, blah; sprinkle water; chant, chant, chant; (I was supposed to have my eyes closed, but I peeked and saw the monk check his watch to see if he'd chanted long enough. He hadn't.); chant, chant, chant some more; check watch again; "Thank you for coming. You've been blessed. Please leave a donation in the box by the alter."
Just kidding. It was really cool. And the temple is beautiful. So was the Chen Family Home that we visited next. It was built by all the Chen's (Jackie Chan is a Chen...he westernized the spelling) in Guangdong Province as a place for their children to go to study for the Imperial Exams. Now it is a museum.
Doug, I tried to make you proud and take some artistic shots of...artistic stuff. Sorry, honey. You're the photographer. Here is my best attempt. 



No comments:
Post a Comment