skip to main | skip to sidebar

Getting Cooper

...adopting our son (and other bits and pieces of our lives).

Thursday, March 6, 2008

I can't believe it's our last night in Nanjing

Today was our first rough day. There were many moments where Cooper was his smiley, kissy self. But today he had a 45 minute "night terror" in the middle of the day. It started in the restaurant during our celebration lunch and lasted through the whole bus ride back to the hotel. He wouldn't nap then cried for almost an hour tonight when I tried to put him to bed. I made him promise not to do it on the plane ride home. :-)

My friend, Linda and I had a wonderful meal (that she ordered, thank goodness) in a restaurant overlooking the little river near the hotel. We had a table with a big wall of windows and the Confusious Temple area was all lit up. They couldn't wait for us to leave, we laughed so loud. She's taking me to her favorite shopping area near her home tomorrow morning and then we fly to Guangzhou for the last part of our trip. Although I can't wait to see Doug, Emily and Grace, I am so sad to be leaving Nanjing. I waited so long to see Linda and to be here and it has gone so fast.


It also turns out my translation skills are a bit weak. We went back to the shop where I bought the plum blossom painting and low and behold...they are actually peach blossoms. Rats. Well, from now on it's a painting of plum blossoms...with a great story.



Posted by Stephanie Withrow at 10:03 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Enter email to be notified when this blog is updated

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz


About Us

Stephanie Withrow
Stephanie Withrow and Lisa Stevens
View my complete profile

Current Time in Arizona

Current Time in China

Blog Archive

  • ►  2012 (34)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (33)
  • ►  2009 (2)
    • ►  March (2)
  • ▼  2008 (34)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ▼  March (16)
      • It Must Be Some Kind Of Miracle!
      • Sorry, I just can't get the spacing right on this ...
      • Now I Feel Like I've Been Run Over By A Jet Plane
      • I'm Leaving On A Jet Plane
      • He's calling me mama! :-)
      • Poem
      • Blessings and Art
      • He's supposed to be sleeping...
      • First plane ride...piece-a-cake
      • I can't believe it's our last night in Nanjing
      • Cooper is a Rock Star! (and Amy...keep reading)
      • If it's a white, tasteless carbohydrate he'll eat it.
      • He's sooooo handsome!
      • The Countdown!
      • We made it!
      • Stephanie Has Arrived!
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2007 (6)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (2)