I've met some of the nicest people on this trip. My travel companions are the greatest and all the kids are doing well. One couples' little boy has had a rough time and they've been pretty worried about him. Tonight in a shop the mom yelled out, "Hey everyone!" "Look!" "My boy is smiling!" We all cheered. It was the first time he'd really connected with her and it was fun to share that with them.
There is a shop owner near the hotel who I've bought several things from during the past 2 trips. I took a picture of him holding Emily in 2003. When I came back for Grace in 2005 I brought him that picture and took one of him holding Grace. Tonight I gave him both pictures and took a picture of him holding Cooper. He always says, "You special friend." "I give you special price." Right.
Just for fun I've included all three photos. I think Cooper is finally asleep so I'm going to bed. Good night.
(Poor Grace with her chicken pox)



2 comments:
Glad to hear that the first plane ride went well and that his eye is going to be okay. Loved seeing the pictures of our favorite shopkeeper. Whatever the price, he has great stuff!
Can't wait to see you guys. Miss you lots,
Amy
Every time I read your blog I cry!!! :) What a precious boy.
Thank God the plane ride was easy...It can be so stressful when you have a grumpy toddler on a plane, and I speak from experience! I'll be praying he is just as delightful on the way home...
I am SO excited for you to take him home to the rest of the family, but SO SAD I won't be there this time around :(
This is one of my favorite poems:
The Adoption Conception
I conceived my Child today
Not in my body, but in my mind,
And on paper.
He will not be coming to me
Like most other children do
Yet his conception is every bit
As breathtaking as theirs.
For in this immense world
Where thousands are born daily
The Lord is hand-picking him
Just for me.
My monthly check-ups will be
Phone calls to the Agency
My prescriptions, large, steady
Doses of Patience.
My waistline will not be expanding
But the world will be growing somewhat smaller
When opposite ends of the globe meet
On his "birth" day in an airport.
By Susan Erling
I'll be thinking of you all during your airport "birth" :)
Post a Comment