Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Settled in for the day...

Cooper had kind of a tough morning but finally fell asleep and I'm settled into the chair next to his bed for the afternoon.
They took out several lines and he was pretty uncomfortable, but physically he's doing great. He's been off all the heart meds (dopamine, and whatever else) since this morning. He can eat and drink whatever he wants. And the only thing that calmed him down earlier was vitamin water. "I want vitamin water!" "I want vitamin water!" He's only had vitamin water once but somehow he was SURE this was what he needed. The last mission Doug, Emily and Grace set out on before they left was to run to the cafe downstairs and choose a vitamin water flavor they thought would do the trick. Unfortunately he still hasn't eaten because he fell asleep before his food arrived.

The plan right now is to move him to the regular cardiac floor tomorrow.

No comments: